News:

Welcome to Lunacy, an Alliance guild on the Ysera server

Main Menu

The Ice Breaker

Started by DrMosh, March 24, 2008, 02:18:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrMosh

Greetings everyone, I've app'd to the guild and I hope you all will have me.

Since I don't know many of you, I thought I would give you a bit of background. I am 33 years old and up until last month I was a college professor teaching various Musical classes for a local community college in Ohio. I have a BA in Music Theory and Compositional Theory and an MA in Music Theory Education from Berklee College of Music in Boston.  At the end of Feb. I relocated to Ft. Lauderdale, FL to take over as Director of Operations for a good friend and colleagues education management company.

I'm pretty much a what you see is what you get kind of guy. I am a perfectionist so I can be a bit outspoken when it's necessary. I look forward to speaking with all of you.

Cheers!
Doc.

Elfmoe

If you get in, I think the average age of the guild will actually reach adult status!

Kaerel

33 wouldn't raise the average much at all.  I'd say the bulk of us are late 20s - early 30s... with some outliers in both directions.

DrMosh

Age doesn't necessarily mean maturity    :D However I do have a high set of standards and can't stomach people who's vocabulary of insults is limited to sexual preference or skin color. 

For me I'm looking for a group of like-minded people focused on progression and are willing/able to learn from the mistakes and move forward, I don't care how old they are as long as their good people.

Cheers,
Doc.

Aceinferno

"Age doesn't necessarily mean maturity" My motto

Xaeq

Quote from: DrMosh on March 25, 2008, 01:25:57 AM
Age doesn't necessarily mean maturity    :D However I do have a high set of standards and can't stomach people who's vocabulary of insults is limited to sexual preference or skin color. 

For me I'm looking for a group of like-minded people focused on progression and are willing/able to learn from the mistakes and move forward, I don't care how old they are as long as their good people.

Cheers,
Doc.

It'd be nice if your high standards also applied to your own shitty grammar, you gay black jewish chinaman.

Sweettpea

Callahan

Quote from: Xaeq on March 25, 2008, 02:14:12 AM
Quote from: DrMosh on March 25, 2008, 01:25:57 AM

Cheers,
Doc.

It'd be nice if your high standards also applied to your own shitty grammar, you gay black jewish chinaman.

I kinda lol'd because it's true.
[Callahan] has earned the achievement [Insane in the Membrane]!
You have earned the title 'Callahan the Insane'.

Aceinferno

I kinda lol'd because its true.
[/quote]
"it's" nub

Insayn

I FIND THIS THREAD TO BE RELATED TO MY BEING.  I POST IN ALL CAPS TO EMPHASIZE THAT I AM 15.

Seriously though, most 15 year olds are superior players :)

Sweettpea

Ryoz

QuoteSeriously though, most 15 year olds are superior players

It doesn't take age or superior intelligence to master this game.  It's all about how much time you can put into it.  I think the main reason folks frown upon younger players has more to do with meeting scheduled raids.