News:

Welcome to Lunacy, an Alliance guild on the Ysera server

Main Menu

Greetings

Started by Kathrall, April 12, 2009, 01:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kathrall

Greetings all.

As per your website's suggestion, I will take a moment to expound on my submitted application.

My wife and I live down here in Southeast Louisiana.  We are avid dog rescuers and have five dogs of our own.  I am 37 years old and am in the military.  My wife works full-time and is also in graduate school, so she is either in class, studying or reading which means I have a lot of guilt-free computer time. 

Unfortunately, since Hurricane Katrina, between 1 JUN and 30 NOV whenever a stiff breeze blows off the coast of the Bahamas, my unit, the only Combat Communications Squadron on the Gulf Coast, gets put on alert.  This obviously would detract somewhat from my availability during and shortly after the natural event.

Anyway, as for WoW, I recently stepped down (and resigned) as an officer and healing lead from Elysium, a raiding guild on Thrall.  A few months ago, I became the work center supervisor for Quality Assurance/Maintenance Support, which basically means it is my job to make sure everyone else in the unit is doing their job(s) correctly.  An officer in a raiding guild is doing sort of the same thing in a way (granted, it is a lot less important in the grand scheme of things).  Frankly, with all of the new pressures placed on me at work, I just didn't want to deal with same any longer at home.  I just needed to free myself of those responsibilities in order to decompress.

I research my class regularly.  I understand the importance of showing up for raids prepared and with the proper consumables, gems, enchantments, etc.  I make sure to study and digest raid strategies and while paying particular attention to my part in a strategy, I make sure that I comprehend the overall picture as well.  Something negative that happens outside of my immediate realm of responsibility could have ramifications for the entire raid, but if everyone in the raid already knows what that persons function was and how to execute it, the situation can still be salvaged.  Basically, I find being prepared fosters a 'never quit' mentality.

I am currently discipline spec'd and have geared for that, but I have played holy a lot in the past (pre- Burning Crusade (BC) and WotLK) and have a decent set of gear for that as well.  I played as a Shadow Priest throughout BC and could do so again if the need arises.

I use a combination of Grid and Clique add-ons for healing aside from the mandatory Deadly Boss Mod.  The others mods I use come and go as I grow tired of them.

My neighbor from across the street plays on Ysera and is a member of Citadel.  Having talked with him, I would like the opportunity to group with him occasionally, but I have little interest in his organization.  According to him, there has been a shift to a more casual view towards raiding and I am a tad more focused than that.

If any of you have any questions of me, feel free to ask.  Thanks for your time.